ArtfulMerkage War BR#188 [BC]

Post by Costello »

Game: Star Trek: Bridge Commander
Date: 13th December 2007
Mod: Kobayashi Maru 1.0
Scenario: DM
Map: Artrus

Fleet Information:
[COLOR="Green"][UFP]ArtfulMerkage:[/COLOR] Fek'lhr Class, Negh'Var Class, Prometheus Class, Eximus Class
[COLOR="Red"][DFP]Capt. Jake: [/COLOR]Fek'lhr Class, Negh'Var Class, Prometheus Class

Outcome: [COLOR="Green"]GLORIOUS VICTORY[/COLOR]

Report:
I hosted a DM server and to my luck a DFP officer, [DFP]Capt. Jake spawned. I had trouble, even though it was amusing when I turned around there was another three UFP officers in my server. Talk about en masse! I managed to get Data to host and then in a much more stable server, war had begun. Worf had the first battle, down to my Bridge Commander being unreasonable. He mauled Jake and afterwards I had a turn. Instead of fighting in my comfort zone, Federation. I opted for Klingon to start with. I lead with six war kills in total for UFP.

Battle 1: [i]Fek'lhr vs. Negh'Var[/i]
I asked Jake to fire when he bothered getting his forward arcs into play, I knew i'd take a pounding on my forward shields. It didn't matter. As Sisko mentioned, I always comeback in BC against most. Although I let it happen, because I needed a dorsal attack position. Once I had cleared the forward arcs of Jake's Negh'var I rounded up on Jake's topside. I targetted his Sensors and began my assault. Jake shook me off occasionally but my Fek'lhr was dominant. I soon knocked out Jake's Sensor Array and destroyed his ship. A planned and neatly executed attack.

Battle 2: [i]Negh'Var vs. Negh'Var[/i]
Worf had swiftly silenced Jake's ****yness in a Negh'Var duel. I aimed to follow suit. After Jake respawned in a Negh'Var he opened fire, I too recipricated with my forward weaponry. Jake attempted to cloak, so I capitalised. I fired full forward weapons at Jake's Warp Core. Jake's what can only be described as noobish mistake allowed me to deplete his hull integrity in no time. An easy victory.

Battle 3: [i]Negh'Var vs. Negh'Var[/i]
I wanted to fight Jake again, I felt it was too easy last time. But even without the mistakes as before this battle was to be a walk in the park. I waited for Jake to turn and open fire, and fired from my aft weapon arcs. I rotated through my vectors as Jake took all damage to his forward shields. As I fully came about, he again cloaked! Oh dear, my forward disruptors and advanced photons obliterated his hull and a third kill was mine.

Battle 4: [i]Sovereign vs. Negh'Var[/i]
Jake remained in the Negh'Var and I spawned in a Sovereign, the might of my battleship speaks for itself in this battle. As expected I took a lot of damage on my forward shields in the opening spread of fire from Jake. But as with the Fek'lhr in the first war kill once I passed Jake's forward arcs it was plain sailing. Spectators believed I was losing, but I was biding my time. Sisko's motivational words of something along the lines of "Artful ain't beat till he's beat" are exactly true. I was waiting for my potent forward sweep on Jake's Sensors. Once I had the moment lined up I engaged with forward torpedoes, combined with me constantly wearing down Jake's dorsal shields I easily disabled Jake's Sensor Array. I then bombarded Jake's Negh'Var to destruction.

Battle 5: [i]Prometheus vs. Prometheus[/i]
In the Prometheus I once again owned. The only player better than me at the minute is Data, who is very good. Jake played well but I was quickly mutilating Jake's ventral shielding. It wasn't long before the ventral shields on Jake's Prometheus were at critical. I rotated against Jake's sporadic attacking and disabled Jake's Sensors in no time at all. From my superior position in the battle I annihilated Jake's Prometheus with an unyielding display of forward ordnance.

Battle 6: [i]Prometheus vs. Eximus[/i]
The final battle just after Alexraptor defeated Jake. In the Eximus Jake stood no chance. I asked him to open fire with his weapons and as I saw Quantums flying my way, I engaged the enemy. I attacked Jake's dorsal shields with unrelenting aggression, I targetted the Bridge as the Eximus's prime weakness. Staying above Jake I stood unchallenged. My torpedo spreads sent Jake's dorsal shields to critical as my Phasers made light work of the Eximus's Bridge. Jake was destroyed for the sixth time.

Opening Aces Tally:

[UFP]Worf: 5 Battles, Won 4, Lost 1
[UFP]ArtfulMerkage: 6 Battles, Won 6, Lost 0

Conclusions:
Our opening strike was demoralising. I'm not sure which did more damage, the annihilation inferred by me, Worf and other UFP officers or the sheer numbers our fleet amassed in no time at all. It has to be a record. War is upon us, and the kill tallies for me are just beginning. See you in space, if you dare meet DFP.
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

Dave J. Harper

Post by Dave J. Harper »

a glorious battle i wish i could of been there(btw got my bc second copy running with pure install to km1.0 no sags so i will again be fighting)
Vault Dweller
Lieutenant Junior Grade (Ret.)

Post by Vault Dweller »

Good job! You killed an obviously weaker skilled player!

How about you offer tips and maybe you will get a better fight next time "marine".

ImageImageImageImage

My STO handle: Quinn Mallory@xVAULTxDWELLERx
Costello

Post by Costello »

Tips are useless to people that decloak in front of your forward disruptors... twice. Jake was competent.
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

Siberian Tiger
Rear Admiral (Ret.)
Rear Admiral (Ret.)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

It's a pity they don't have more players on EF.

Good job.
Vault Dweller

Post by Vault Dweller »

My appologies.

I guess I just have a weakness for the underdog.

ImageImageImageImage

My STO handle: Quinn Mallory@xVAULTxDWELLERx
GATEGOD
Retired
Retired

Post by GATEGOD »

I keep kicking my self for never learning how to play BC ^_^

Maybe I should ask for it for Christmas ^_^

Very good Br Artful! Loved the part when you killed him....hmm I guess I loved nearly the entire br then ;)