Bridge Commander Funwars server 04-09-2010 & 18-09-2010

This forum is for all visitors. Feel free to say "hello".

Moderators: Starfleet Security, Engineering Command

SoJ^Mariner
Foreign Ambassador
Foreign Ambassador

Bridge Commander Funwars server 04-09-2010 & 18-09-2010

Post by SoJ^Mariner »

Greetings all at UFP

We at SoJ are planning on hosting a funwars server for Bridge Commander on the above dates and i would like to formally invite anyone and everyone from UFP and your allies to join the fun

its in preliminary stages right now but i shall post back with times and rules in next few days

looking forward to hearing back from you guys

Ambassador Mariner
Soldiers of Justice
Costello

Re: Bridge Commander Funwars server 04-09-2010 & 18-09-2010

Post by Costello »

Task Force One would love to attend on behalf of [UFP].
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

Invincible
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Invincible »

Costello wrote:Task Force One would love to attend on behalf of [UFP].

It is only right that this fantastic opportunity is open to all regardless of squadron. Perhaps I am mis-reading your post, however.

Mr Mariner - it sounds like a fantastic opportunity. I think you can be assured that our fleet will grab the opportunity with great enthusiasm.
Costello

Post by Costello »

Invincible wrote:
Costello wrote:Task Force One would love to attend on behalf of [UFP].

It is only right that this fantastic opportunity is open to all regardless of squadron. Perhaps I am mis-reading your post, however.

Mr Mariner - it sounds like a fantastic opportunity. I think you can be assured that our fleet will grab the opportunity with great enthusiasm.

I welcome all from [UFP] to be in attendance, my point was merely that Task Force One will be there.
Fifth Fleet Admiral of the United Federation of Planets
(Resigned)

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Indeed we will be. I look forward to seeing you all ingame
SoJ^Mariner
Foreign Ambassador
Foreign Ambassador

Post by SoJ^Mariner »

Alright everyone, here are the rules for the second SoJ Combat server: ( long post ahead. xD )

The server will be a Team-Deathmatch ( TDM ) server. More to that below.
It will probably be named: "SoJ Team Combat Server" --- Just so you know what to look for in BC. Wink

Server rules:

It's preferred ( not necessary ) that we all play in teams of at least 2 people versus another such team. That way we can use different tactics and teamwork is required.
This time there will be unlimited matches without moderation.
Still, please remember to ask for a (Team)-duel. All people must be ready to fight before you start, like always.
The match teams should be in Team 1 and Team 2 on the TDM server. If you are not, and you are going to have a match, please change teams via self-destruct.
That way the "mess" will stay clearly arranged. Thank you.

Please don't interrupt an on-going match by firing on one of any teams members. If there is an interruption, the battle should re-start.
The consequences for the one shooting illegitimately will be specified below.

There will be no "cloak-hopping"! If you have a ship which is able to cloak, you can of course use that small advantage. But if you are cloaked and you finally de-cloak again, you are not to use the cloak for at least 20 seconds.
That way it will stay fair.

Please use the "Hyper ships" like Sovereign or Negh-Var only ONCE in each team. Please try to avoid using Hybrid or Huttet class vessels. They promote too much of an (unfair) advancement.
If you want exceptions, you have to talk to the people you are going to fight.

I know some people don't like that last rule but I found that rule to be very fair. It backs up the use of strategies instead of just opening fire.
Again, if you want exceptions, you'll have to talk to the people you're going to fight against.

We will most likely change the way of dueling during the evening ( I think after one hour or so ). We want to try if we can simulate an inter-clan-wide war. So, since its a TDM-Server, every clan and/or player picks a team and fights against the second team with hopefully the same number of clans and/or players.
Watch for this change of rules as USSMariner or me, Adversary, will announce it.

After everyone has picked a team, its open fire on the entire server! Evil

Consequences for not following the rules:
We have a 3-strike-policy at SoJ if you don't follow the rules.
First offense: you'll get a warning.
Second offense: you'll be booted.
Third offense: you will be banned, if necessary permanently.

Remember some SoJ members will watch as much as possible and check if everything works out fairly.
These members will most likely be Adversary, USSMariner, and some others which I will specifically ask. Please follow those persons possible requests of playing fairly to ensure most effective and friendly playing.
The rest just needs to care about having some fair fun. Very Happy

If there is a battle going on, it is not to be disturbed. Watching members will try to ensure that a battle won't be interrupted and we would ask you to be polite and not interrupt at the first place.
The only thing you'll achieve, is to spoil the fun of the fight. Sad

You will probably be able to use your Warp-drive. But please don't use that ability while you're in a (Team)-Duel.
Again, if you want exceptions, talk to the people you are going to fight against.

Remind yourself that you have something like "Team Chat" to coordinate your attack.
Otherwise you're of course also allowed to use Skype, TeamSpeak or whatever other program you use to coordinate.

I know its a long post. Sorry about that. I just wanted to be as clear as possible.
If you have any last suggestions, you have time to tell me about them until 02. September 2010. Later requests can not be executed.
You should check if there was a rule change by then.

ONE LAST RULE: HAVE FUN!!!

Again, if you have any questions let me, Adversary or USSMariner know!
Cya all In-Game.

Adversary ( Fleet Admiral and BC Division Leader )

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

are mods permitted as long as they don't interfere with ship performance? or does it have to be vanilla BC?
L.O.A.
SoJ^Mariner
Foreign Ambassador
Foreign Ambassador

Post by SoJ^Mariner »

we'll be playing it on KM1.0, any 3rd party scripting or mods that give you an advantage that others do not have, like will be considered cheating and there are consequences for that
D'Jay
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Post by D'Jay »

SoJ^Mariner wrote:we'll be playing it on KM1.0, any 3rd party scripting or mods that give you an advantage that others do not have, like will be considered cheating and there are consequences for that

yeah, that was kind of what i said. i was aiming for texture mods. anyway, i'll load up a fresh copy just to be on the safe side.
L.O.A.
SoJ^Mariner
Foreign Ambassador
Foreign Ambassador

Post by SoJ^Mariner »

OK guys due to such interest in this event by the BC community, we may have to host TWO servers to make this happen.

As it stands there are around 7 or 8 clans wanting to get in on the action so we over at SoJ need to know roughly how many from each clan are DEFINATELY going to come, even if you plan on playing for just 5 minutes or are undecided I IMPLORE YOU TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN OR YOU MAY FIND A FULL SERVER ON THE DAY

Thanks guys

Ambassador USSMariner

Soldiers Of Justice